North Country Track & Wheel is looking for a Service Manager or Service Writer with potential to grow into the Service Manager role.
Great working environment Competitive wages
On-the-job training Performance bonuses
Please drop off your resume at North Country Track & Wheel, or email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.
Full Job Description
Maintains accurate and on-time reports and records relative to the service department’s operation within the dealership. Ensure that all charges related to work orders are posted properly. Ensure all work orders are closed on a timely basis. Process warranty and Product Improvement Claims. Must conduct themselves in the presence of customers in a manner that promotes a positive image of the company.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Service Department Operations:• Prepares repair orders (RO) by describing symptoms, problems, and causes discovered, as well as repairs and services required; obtaining approval signatures; entering RO into service database system.• Maintain control of open work orders until closed and invoiced.• Handles Repair Order charges, warranty validation & claims coverage’s including computation of charges, submission and follow-up.• Maintains the service library with information that is current.
• Accounts for all time on a time card and for all material used in performing assigned duties
• Ability to safely operate all equipment sold by the dealership
• Follow all safety rules and regulations in performing work assignments
• Handles service department filing and records.
• Updates customer profiles using equipment, hours or other information from the customer work orders.
• Completes other duties as assigned.
- Customer Service:• Assist in handling customer complaints and concerns• Be aware of and track “comebacks” and make sure the problem is corrected to the customer and dealership’s satisfaction• Greet customers immediately in a courteous manner
• Treat customers fairly and with honesty, and demonstrate our commitment to superior customer service and ethical business practices
- Commitments• Treat all employees and customers fairly, courteously and with dignity• Maintain positive relationships with customers, other employees and owners• Be early, flexible and available for scheduling• Maintain up to date technical training as required
• Focus on Quality & Service
• Be neat and clean
• Wear uniform every day
• Demonstrate an interest in growing the dealerships business
- Qualifications and Job Requirements:• Must have outgoing, friendly personality and superior communication & customer service skills• Experience working in a service department• Ability to write and work on routine reports, and correspondence• Ability to negotiate customer complaints to a satisfactory resolution
• Experience with common dealership or point of sale computer systems
• Good computer and typing skills
• Knowledge of office procedures
• Good organizational ability
• General understanding of mechanical/technical terms.
• High school diploma or GED equivalent
- Physical Demands:• The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate• Frequently required to bend, stoop, crouch, reach, handle tools and lift in excess of 80lbs. of material• Requires the ability to occasionally balance and push an ATV or Snowmobile
- Working Conditions:• Frequently works near moving mechanical parts• Is potentially exposed to battery acid, gasoline, chemical cleaning material or other toxic materials commonly found in motor vehicle service departments, some of which may be considered health hazards• Occasionally, exposed to exhaust fumes or other airborne particles